Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First Blog

MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011
Well here is my first stab at blogging. I'm going to just write about things in my everyday life as the Blog title implies.
I subscribe to Food and Wine magazine and an article from the February 2011 issue provided a list of 5 widely available reds and 5 available whites to try. I decided to try each and rate them on a scale of 1-10 as far as my palate is concerned. Magazine in hand, I approached the sommalier at the local grocer's wine and spirit section and asked for the Apothic Red 2008 California. He obligingly directed me toward the section of the cellar containing the blends. He indicated that if I enjoyed the Apothic Red then I would most certainly be the type of wine taster who would enjoy "menage trois". I smacked him with the Food and Wine magazine. Then he explained that it is a blend of three California grapes as is the Apothic Red. I liked the Red better than the Menage Trois.

2 comments:

  1. Like the layout of your blog and the story of your wine-tasting. I look forward to hearing about your further everyday adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I knew of a grocery store with a cellar.

    ReplyDelete